Sound in Action #1 – 2011 in Review
A new year, a new… podcast?!
Don’t worry, the “Barrel Roll!” podcast isn’t going away any time soon despite its absence this week. In the meantime, “Sound in Action” discusses the aspect of games that doesn’t get nearly enough attention: the music. As your host, I’ll take you through a selection of songs in each episode and talk about why I feel each song and soundtrack is notable. I don’t claim to have the ultimate musical knowledge, but I have been an avid listener of game soundtracks for over two decades and have been remixing game music for many years. Think of it less as a critique and more of a celebration of an often ignored subject.
That said, I need your feedback! Please have a listen and tell me what you liked and what you didn’t. This show is still in the idea phase and I want to make sure there is enough interest in it to continue producing it.
On this first episode, I take a look at six of my favorite soundtracks from last year. You can find links on where to purchase these soundtracks at the bottom of the post.
iTunes (Subscribe and Rate the show!)
This episode features:
1) Sanguine Nightmare from Bloodrayne Betrayal Download
2) Icarus – Main Theme from Deus Ex: Human Revolution Buy
3) Stalmaster Battle from The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword No Official OST
4) Shall Defend from Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Buy
5) The Mancer’s Dilemma from Bastion Buy
6) Music World – Classic from Rayman Origins Buy UK CE Game w/ Soundtrack
This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 at 5:00 am and is filed under Music, Podcast, Sound in Action. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.