Top 11 Gaming Shames
We all have those moments in our gaming life that we look back on with pride. The impossible games we managed to win, the crazy last second come backs, and those head-shots from all the way across the map. These are the things we remember and talk about. These are the achievements that we point out on our Gamerscore. But there is a dark side. What about the skeletons in our gaming closets that haunt us? The games we just never beat. The games we never admit to our gamer friends we really enjoyed. Here, for the world to see, are my Top 11 Gaming Shames.
11. I have played the following games solely for the achievement points: “Looney Tunes”, the Doritos game (“Doritos’ Dash”), “TMNT”, “Cars”, “Cars: Mater-national”, “College Hoops 2K6″, “NBA Live 08″, “NFL Tour”, “Eragon”, “Avatar: The Last Airbender”, and a bunch of others. But I have reformed. I swear. Sort of. I hear the new “Destroy All Humans” has some easy achievements. (Melancholy sigh.)
10. I have never finished a Castlevania game. I have probably played just about every single one of the traditional side scrollers in the series. I just never get around to beating them. The old ones were too tough, and the new ones, I swear, I turn away from them for a couple days and I have no idea where I am, or where I am going. I am like an Alzheimers patient.
9. I enjoyed “Superman Returns”. I have no idea why. It is not a good game, but the 5 year old in me just couldn’t stop playing.
8. I think the story in the Mega Man series is dumb. I don’t think it would make a good movie at all.
7. “Diablo” is just meh. I know everyone goes gaga for this series but I am just not that fond of clicking my mouse.
6. I got “Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest” instead of “Final Fantasy II” when I was a kid.
5. I can’t figure out how to play “Lode Runner” on the Game boy for the life of me. I am not sure what I am supposed to be doing, or how I am supposed to do it. That game completely baffles me.
4. As a store clerk I let someone buy “Pimp My Ride”.
3. My wife can annihilate me at “Lumines”. I don’t just mean she gets a higher score, I mean she has knocked me off the high score board entirely.
2. I thought “Ico” was slow and boring. I wanted to slap that girl and make her raise her foot and climb that step.
1. I almost, almost, almost bought “Shaq-fu: da Return” when I was a kid… instead of “Super Metroid”.
And there they are, my 11 gaming shames. Do you have any embarrassing shameful gaming moments? If you do I would love to hear about them. Comment below or drop me an email. If they are juicy enough I might have to mock … I mean share, with the rest of the class.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 4th, 2009 at 6:00 am and is filed under Features. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.